Information on Protective and Hygiene Measures
Please note that you must wear a protective mask (FFP2 or IIR mask) during your entire visit to the Pierre Boulez Saal. A simple mouth and nose covering such as a fabric mask, scarf, bandana, etc. is not sufficient. By implementing this measure we aim to offer more visitors the opportunity to participate in upcoming events.
To protect the public, artists, and our staff during their stay in the building of the Pierre Boulez Saal, the following specific regulations apply:
- All visitors must wear a protective mask at all times anywhere in the building, including during a performance. FFP2 and IIR masks will be provided by Pierre Boulez Saal staff.
- The number of seats is limited. Seats are available individually and in pairs. There is a distance of at least one seat between two groups of seats.
- Distancing rules will also be enforced through signs and floor markings.
- Concerts will be performed without intermission. Doors open 45 minutes prior to the event.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are available throughout the building. Contact surfaces will be cleaned at regular intervals.
- To avoid large gatherings, the coat check and catering facilities are closed.
- Use of the elevator is restricted to patrons with limited mobility and to one person and one operator at a time.
- Tickets may only be purchased online and by phone. The box office remains closed.
- Ticket buyers are required to provide their contact details. Tickets will be personalized, and valid picture ID must be presented at the door. Buyers of multiple tickets must be able to provide contact details for all visitors using those tickets.
Please be aware that attending a concert, just like any other large gathering, carries an increased risk of infection. This applies particularly to those unable to wear a face covering due to a chronic respiratory disease.
If you have been in personal contact with anyone infected with the coronavirus within the past 14 days, you will no be permitted to attend the event.
Access to the Pierre Boulez Saal
In order to maintain the highest possible level of health protection during your visit to the Pierre Boulez Saal, we have temporarily changed the means of access to the building. Printed on your ticket you will find the name of a color. Please look for the colored flag in front of the entrances on Französische Strasse and Oberwallstrasse that corresponds to your ticket and use the respective entrance. Inside the building, please follow the colored arrows on the floor to your seat. Please also keep your mouth and nose covered during your stay inside the building and during the event. If you have any questions, our staff will be happy to assist you.
Below please find a simplified diagram showing the entrances to the hall both for the parterre and the balcony level.